February 28, 2011

how it began . . .


How did it all start?   The same way it always did - my cousin, Lisa, made me do it. Since birth, we did everything together. And I mean everything. If Lisa's in a picture, I'm most likely there too.  If Lisa wanted to do it, I had to do it too.  Which would have been fine, if I was any good at half the things she got us into but, of course, I wasn't. 

  First, ballet and tap. And so . . . I became a pink carnation.  Yes, it's true, one of my most embarrassing moments.  Flowers went left, Donna went right.  At least it hid the God awful shag haircut I was sporting at the time.  
Oh, if only the embarrassment had stopped there . . .  
 
On to cheerleading.  Which God only knows how I made the team. But, of course, I did.  And being the smallest, somehow that always landed me on top of the pyramids.  Sounds pretty cool, huh?  Yeah, it was, until I fell off the top onto the stage right in front of the ENTIRE football team.  


You would think I would have learned early on I was athletically challenged. You would think,but nooooo.  If only it had stopped there ughh, no, I fell in competition too.  Loser here!  Looking back now, I'd say I was building character.  Either that or I was just plain stupid.  But if Lisa went, I went.  At least I always tried and never quit.  And then, on to the next brilliant idea - hey, let's Irish dance . .  .  so here we go again . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment